How can you accomplish so much in just a few days while having so much fun at the same time?
Join us this summer to find out….
At Flourish workshops and camps, students gain:
- Memories with new and old friends that last a lifetime
- New skills that catapult their music progress forward
- Ability to dive into a specialized topic that interests them (e.g. songwriting, musical theater, playing in small ensembles)
- Excitement to keep learning and playing
We offer a variety of experiences for different ages and levels. Check them out to see which one you want to join!
PLEASE NOTE: In-Person camps for summer 2020 have been cancelled.
Teen Songwriting Workshop on August 7 will take place online via Zoom. Register by July 24!
“My son loved it and was so excited to come to camp” – parent from piano Jumpstart 2019.
Jumpstart is our #1 recommended way for kids to start learning an instrument!
In our hands-on camp, students learn the basics much faster than normal. They can play songs at the end of 4 days that might have taken 2 months in normal lessons to master.
Students get excited about the BIG GAINS they see in such a short amount of time … which boosts their self-confidence and their enjoyment in playing… and is just one of the reasons why they love coming back to camp every day!
Jumpstart is also a great way to see if this particular instrument really clicks with your child before committing to longer-term lessons.
This jam-packed camp is limited to ONLY 5 students to give students the most personal attention possible. Register today to reserve your spot!
ALL JUMPSTART 2020 camps have been cancelled.
Location: Flourish Music Academy
|Session One: June 29 – July 2||12:30-2:30pm||Ages 10-14||Register by June 15|
|Session Two: August 3 – 6||10am – 12pm||Ages 6 – 9||Register by July 20|
|June 29 – July 2||12:30 – 2:30pm||Ages 8 – 14||Register by June 15|
|August 3 – 6||10am – 12pm||Ages 7 – 12||Register by July 20|
|June 29 – July 2||12:30 – 2:30 pm||Ages 7-12||Register by June 15|
|UPDATED: June 29 – July 2||3 – 5pm||Ages 7-12||Register by June 15|
|UPDATED: August 3 – 6||10am – 12pm||Ages 7 – 11||Register by July 20|
“I learned SO many songs!!!” – BookBlast student from Piano BookBlast 2019
Imagine how many songs you learn in a 2 month period of regular lessons… now think if you could learn that much in just 4 days?!!! Kids catapult their skills to the next level and get excited about the BIG GAINS they see in such a short amount of time at Flourish BookBlast!
In just four days you can:
- Learn 8 weeks (or more!) worth of music and improve your skills more than you thought possible!
- Choose your own focus. Go really far in your lesson book, bring in your favorite Disney music to work on, or work on skills outside of the ordinary routine of lessons, such as improv, playing from chord charts and more.
- Have fun playing music review games and other creative activities. Students find it is just the right balance of work and play 🙂
- Get a break from the normal practice routine. Kids love they can accomplish so much with no home practice required!
This is an activity your whole family can enjoy – students work independently at their own pace and level. We have spots for students age 6-18, so you have the convenience of a great summer activity for everyone without running all over town!
If your schedule doesn’t allow for regular weekly lessons over the summer, use the Book Blast camp to make sure you don’t lose ground before you start again in the fall. Or add it on to summer lessons for even more progress!
This jam-packed camp is limited to ONLY 5 students to give students the most personal attention possible.
All BookBlast 2020 camps have been cancelled.
Location: Flourish Music Academy
|Session One: June 29 – July 2||10am – 12pm||Ages 6 – 18||Register by June 15|
|Session Two: August 3 – 6||12:30 – 2:30pm||Ages 6 – 18||Register by July 20|
|June 29 – July 2||10 am – 12pm||Agues 6 – 18||Register by June 15|
|Session One: UPDATED August 3 – 6||10am- 12pm||Ages 7 – 11||Register by July 20|
|Session Two: August 3 – 6||12:30-2:30pm||Ages 12 – 18||Register by July 20|
Strings – Violin, Viola and Cello
|June 29 – July 2||10am – 12pm||Ages 6- 18||Register by June 15|
ONLINE via ZOOM!
Have you always wanted to write a song? Learn how to come up with a catchy tune at our Songwriting workshop!
At our Songwriting Workshop you will:
- Learn about melody and harmony to write a song that sounds good
- Learn the tricks and tips to easily copy your song onto paper
- Gain confidence in writing your own music so you can do it again and again!
Start the day with pencil and paper and end with a new song in your hand!
For ages 12 – 18
Friday August 7, 9am-12pm at Flourish Music Academy
Register by July 24 (Enrollment capped at 9 students)
Musical Theater Audition Masterclass – Wednesday July 15, 9am-12pm
Want to improve your game when it comes to auditioning for musical theater?
At our Musical Theater Audition Masterclass you will:
- Get masterclass style coaching on your favorite audition piece
- Learn the tips and tricks of how to prepare well and sing your best during your audition
- Work with veteran performer Megan Mellenthien to make your next audition your best yet!
For ages 12 – 18
UPDATED DATE: Wednesday July 15, 9 am – 12pm at Flourish Music Academy
Register by July 1 (Enrollment capped at 9 students)
Ukulele Jam – Tuesday August 4, 1 – 4pm
At our Teen Ukulele Jam Workshop you will:
- Play popular songs by artists like the Beatles, Elvis or Johnny Cash
- Learn either basic chords or a more complicated version, based on your experience level
- End the day jamming out with other teens on your favorite tunes!
For ages 12 – 18
Tuesday August 4, 1 – 4 pm at Flourish Music Academy
Register by July 21 (Enrollment capped at 9 students)
Ukulele Jam 2020 has been cancelled.
Music is more fun with friends! Play in a duet/trio/quartet in our Ensemble Camp.
Not only do you get to experience one of the most musically satisfying experiences ever!!! – you also learn skills that make you a better solo musician as well!
This is not just piano duets! Since Flourish is a multi-instrument school, you may be paired with an instrument other than your own. Try traditional pairings like string quartet or rock band, or non-traditional pairings
The Ensemble Camp includes Masterclass coaching and rehearsal times for groups to practice together, plus a culminating recital on Friday July 31 at 7pm.
Summer Camp Dates:
|Session One:||9 – 10:30am||July 27 – July 30|
|Session Two:||10:45am – 12:15pm||July 27 – July 30|
|Session Three:||12:30 – 2pm||July 27 – July 30|
Registration Deadline: May 22
(Note: You must be enrolled in lessons at Flourish to register for Ensemble Camp)