How can you accomplish so much in just a few days while having so much fun at the same time?
Join us this summer to find out….
At Flourish workshops and camps, students gain:
- Memories with new and old friends that last a lifetime
- New skills that catapult their music progress forward
- Ability to dive into a specialized topic that interests them (e.g. songwriting, musical theater, playing in small ensembles)
- Excitement to keep learning and playing
We offer a variety of experiences for different ages and levels. Check them out to see which one you want to join!
“My son loved it and was so excited to come to camp” – parent from piano Jumpstart 2019.
Jumpstart is our #1 recommended way for kids to start learning an instrument!
In our hands-on camp, students learn the basics much faster than normal. They can play songs at the end of 4 days that might have taken 2 months in normal lessons to master.
Students get excited about the BIG GAINS they see in such a short amount of time … which boosts their self-confidence and their enjoyment in playing… and is just one of the reasons why they love coming back to camp every day!
Jumpstart is also a great way to see if this particular instrument really clicks with your child before committing to longer-term lessons.
This jam-packed camp is limited to ONLY 5 students to give students the most personal attention possible. Register today to reserve your spot!
Location: Flourish Music Academy
|Session One: June 29 – July 2||12:30-2:30pm||Ages 10-14||Register by June 15|
|Session Two: August 3 – 6||10am – 12pm||Ages 6 – 9||Register by July 20|
|June 29 – July 2||12:30-2:30pm||Ages 8-14||Register by June 15|
|August 3 – 6||10am – 12pm||Ages 7-12||Register by July 20|
|June 29 – July 2||12:30 – 2:30 pm||Ages 7-12||Register by June 15|
|June 1 – 4||10am – 12pm||Ages 7-12||Register by May 18|
|June 1 – 4||12:30-2:30pm||Ages 7 – 11||Register by May 18|
“I learned SO many songs!!!” – BookBlast student from Piano BookBlast 2019
Imagine how many songs you learn in a 2 month period of regular lessons… now think if you could learn that much in just 4 days?!!! Kids catapult their skills to the next level and get excited about the BIG GAINS they see in such a short amount of time at Flourish BookBlast!
In just four days you can:
- Learn 8 weeks (or more!) worth of music and improve your skills more than you thought possible!
- Choose your own focus. Go really far in your lesson book, bring in your favorite Disney music to work on, or work on skills outside of the ordinary routine of lessons, such as improv, playing from chord charts and more.
- Have fun playing music review games and other creative activities. Students find it is just the right balance of work and play 🙂
- Get a break from the normal practice routine. Kids love they can accomplish so much with no home practice required!
This is an activity your whole family can enjoy – students work independently at their own pace and level. We have spots for students age 6-18, so you have the convenience of a great summer activity for everyone without running all over town!
If your schedule doesn’t allow for regular weekly lessons over the summer, use the Book Blast camp to make sure you don’t lose ground before you start again in the fall. Or add it on to summer lessons for even more progress!
This jam-packed camp is limited to ONLY 5 students to give students the most personal attention possible.
Location: Flourish Music Academy
|Session One: June 29 – July 2||10am – 12pm||Ages 6 – 18||Register by June 15|
|Session Two: August 3 – 6||12:30 – 2:30pm||Ages 6 – 18||Register by July 20|
|June 29 – July 2||10am – 12pm||Ages 6 – 18||Register by June 15|
|Session One: June 1 – 4||12:30-2:30pm||Ages 7 – 11||Register by May 18|
|Session Two: August 3 – 6||12:30-2:30pm||Ages 12 – 18||Register by July 20|
Strings – Violin, Viola and Cello
|June 29 – July 2||10am – 12pm||Ages 6- 18||Register by June 15|
Songwriting – Friday August 7, 9am – 12pm
Have you always wanted to write a song? Learn how to come up with a catchy tune at our Songwriting workshop!
At our Songwriting Workshop you will:
- Learn about melody and harmony to write a song that sounds good
- Learn the tricks and tips to easily copy your song onto paper
- Gain confidence in writing your own music so you can do it again and again!
Start the day with pencil and paper and end with a new song in your hand!
For ages 12 – 18
Friday August 7, 9am-12pm at Flourish Music Academy
Register by July 24 (Enrollment capped at 10 students)
Musical Theater Audition Masterclass – Friday June 5, 1 – 4pm
Want to improve your game when it comes to auditioning for musical theater?
At our Musical Theater Audition Masterclass you will:
- Get masterclass style coaching on your favorite audition piece
- Learn the tips and tricks of how to prepare well and sing your best during your audition
- Work with veteran performer Megan Mellenthien to make your next audition your best yet!
For ages 12 – 18
Friday June 5, 1 – 4pm at Flourish Music Academy
Register by May 22 (Enrollment capped at 10 students)
Ukulele Jam – Tuesday August 4, 1 – 4pm
Want to jam out and learn a few popular favorites on ukulele?
At our Ukulele Jam you will:
- Learn to play 2 – 3 popular songs on ukulele
- Play simple chords or more advanced patterns based on your experience
- End with new songs in your repertoire to impress your friends!
No experience necessary
For ages 12 – 18
August 4, 1 – 4pm at Flourish Music Academy
Register by July 21 (Enrollment capped at 10 students)
Music is more fun with friends! Learn to play in a small group of musicians in our Ensemble Camp.
Chamber ensembles (duets/trios/quartets) are the best of both worlds, solo and group. Play together with friends, but where every member is showcased as a solo part!
This is not just piano duets! Since Flourish is a multi-instrument school, you may be paired with an instrument other than your own. Try traditional pairings like string quartet or rock band, or non-traditional pairings.
Students of any level can enjoy making music together with others. Learn the important skills of listening, staying together, working as a team.
The Ensemble Camp includes Masterclass coaching and rehearsal times for groups to practice together, plus a culminating recital on Friday July 31 at 7pm. Students in the Ensemble Camp must be enrolled in summer lessons at Flourish.
Summer Camp Dates:
|Session One:||9 – 10:30am||July 27 – July 30||Register by May 10|
|Session Two:||10:45am – 12:15pm||July 27 – July 30||Register by May 10|
|Session Three:||12:30 – 2pm||July 27 – July 30||Register by May 10|
(Note: You must be enrolled in lessons at Flourish to register for Ensemble Camp)