Flourish Music Academy is the only school in the Front Range that puts such an emphasis on community.
We believe music is meant to be shared. Cultures where music is a part of everyday life have a tradition of music being played together in groups. Think of traditional Irish music… to this day multiple generations will gather together for hours of communal music making.
Conventional music lessons often make learning an instrument a solitary endeavor. Student has one-on-one lesson with teacher, goes home and practices by himself all week, repeat. Maybe once or twice a year they will see other students at the annual recital. Only students with the highest level of self-motivation last more than a couple years with this kind of instruction.
At Flourish, however, we create a community that makes learning music more fun! Students stay engaged for longer because of the relationships they have formed and the natural support system our community gives them. The social aspect provides a positive peer pressure that enables students to stay motivated and progressing rapidly!
Here are some of the ways we build community at Flourish:
- Chamber Music Program allows students to learn how to play together! And not just piano duets. Because we are a multi-instrument school, we can create unique combinations that give students a wide variety of experiences.
- Frequent, fun performance events throughout the year. Instead of one or two recitals a year, we hold at least six!
- Dress Rehearsals along with each recital. Students build relationships with their team and get to practice performing in a supportive environment.
- Team Atmosphere: we intentionally build a team spirit among students. Like a sports team, each Flourish team works together to earn points for the Practice Challenge, cheer each other on at recitals and keep each other motivated!
- Summer Camps: have fun with music and friends! A great time for students to explore their creativity with group music activities and games that aren’t offered in lessons.
- Group Lessons: we offer group lessons in several instruments. Students in group lessons have built in community every week! They enjoy learning to play together, using games to reinforce concepts and overall having fun!