BookBlast Camp FAQS
What is BookBlast?????
It’s a 4-day camp that meets for 2 hours each day. It focuses on learning new material, passing it, and then reviewing through the use of games. On top of that, we spend the extra time doing creative activities that really stretch the music muscles.
We’ve noticed some huge benefits of the Book Blasts and we’ve received positive feedback from parents, as well:
* We’ve seen students move through 8 weeks of material in just four days… Students feel a huge boost of confidence and motivation for making BIG gains in such a small amount of time!
* Kids love the fact that they don’t have to practice at home during this week… They come to the camp, practice with the teacher, and then relax for the rest of the day!
* It’s the right balance of work and play… each hour is divided up into group interaction, learning new songs, and review games.
* We’ve found that two hours of games, creativity, and a little practice is ”just right”… you wouldn’t believe how many times we hear: “It’s time to go already!?!?!?”
* Students really stretch their creative muscles… we write music, have fun with ear training, and play games!
This jam-packed camp is limited to ONLY 5 students to give students the most personal attention possible. Register today to reserve your spot!
Who is BookBlast for?
BookBlast is perfect for students who are level Prep A through level 5 in the Flourish Achievement Program, age 6 – 18. It is geared towards students already taking lessons, although you can attend as a beginner (though we also encourage you to check out our Jumpstart Camps!)
This is an activity your whole family can enjoy – students work independently at their own pace and level. You have the convenience of a great summer activity for everyone without running all over town!
Remember – students choose their own focus. Some ideas:
- Get as far in your lesson book and earn as many Achievement points as you can
- Bring in your favorite Disney music to work on
- Work on skills outside of the ordinary routine of lessons, such as improv, playing from chord charts etc
- Bring in a specific challenging song you want to focus on (one student learned Fur Elise last year)
Should I enroll in BookBlast if I can’t make it to regular summer lessons?
YES! If your schedule doesn’t allow for regular weekly lessons over the summer, use the Book Blast camp to keep your momentum and make sure you don’t lose ground before you start again in the fall.
If you are enrolled in lessons, it is also a great add-on to really catapult your progress (and reach your musical goals faster than ever!)
What is the cost?
$230 if you are using this as a replacement for summer lessons.
Only $200 ($30 off) if you attending camp in addition to summer lessons!
What have other students/parents said?
We’ll let you read our feedback forms right here:
Some photos of a Piano BookBlast in summer 2019:
Location: Flourish Music Academy
|Session One: June 29 – July 2||10am – 12pm||Ages 6 – 18||Register by June 15|
|Session Two: August 3 – 6||12:30 – 2:30pm||Ages 6 – 18||Register by July 20|
|June 29 – July 2||10 am – 12pm||Agues 6 – 18||Register by June 15|
|Session One: UPDATED August 3 – 6||10am- 12pm||Ages 7 – 11||Register by July 20|
|Session Two: August 3 – 6||12:30-2:30pm||Ages 12 – 18||Register by July 20|
Strings – Violin, Viola and Cello
|June 29 – July 2||10am – 12pm||Ages 6- 18||Register by June 15|
Registration deadline is 2 weeks before the camp starts OR when enrollment reaches 5 students. Don’t miss out!