Jumpstart Camp FAQs
What is Jumpstart Camp?
Jumpstart is our #1 recommended way to start learning an instrument.
It’s a hands-on 4 day camp, 2 hours each day, for beginners. There are separate camps for piano, guitar, voice, ukulele, violin or cello.
There is a MAX of 5 students per camp.
During camp, you will learn the basics of your instrument in an exciting and fun way, making new friends along the way.The teacher mixes group learning, activities and games with individual practice time and coaching to make sure you have really mastered each skill/song.
We end the camp with a short parent recital so kids can show off all they have learned during the week. Students are playing songs that might have taken up to 2 months in normal lessons to learn… Kids get really excited about the BIG GAINS they see in such a short amount of time at Flourish Jumpstart Camp!
Why should my child start with a Jumpstart Camp instead of just starting lessons?
We have found that students who start studying music by attending a Jumpstart camp do better in long-term lessons; they progress quicker and stay more motivated overall. We think it is because of how they start lessons with a bunch of real-time skills as well as the boost in confidence and motivation they get at Jumpstart camp.
Jumpstart is limited to only 5 participants per camp so don’t wait to register!
I am not sure if my child actually will like to play this particular instrument…
All the more reason to attend Jumpstart camp! There is no long-term commitment involved, so it is a great way to test out whether they will truly enjoy playing that instrument or not.
Who should attend Jumpstart?
Here is a short list:
- You want to see if your child likes the instrument before investing in lessons
- You want to give your child the best possibility of enjoying playing an instrument by helping him succeed at it early on
- You want your child to have fun playing an instrument
- You want your child to have all the amazing brain/social/academic/emotional and other benefits of learning music
Jumpstart is for beginners at that particular instrument. Each camp has a specific age range that the instruction is tailored for.
What have other parents said?
We are glad you asked! Here is the feedback from just one Jumpstart piano camp in 2019 (from an anonymous questionnaire):
- What was the biggest benefit you gained from camp this week?
- My son loved it and was so excited to come to camp
- The ability to learn basic skills and see if [my child] would be interested
- learning how to play piano. Learning the songs
- Would you have changed anything? If so, what?
- Not at all
- What would you tell other students considering camp?
- Have your kids join, they will love it!
- Good opportunity to see if piano is something they are interested in
Do I need to bring my own instrument?
Yes, for Violin, Cello or Ukulele Jumpstart. If you don’t have an instrument, we recommend Music Depot here in Greeley to buy or rent.
No need to bring an instrument for Piano or Guitar Jumpstart, they are provided.
What is the cost for Jumpstart Camp?
Cost: $230 (includes your own beginner music book to keep)
Discounted to $200 if you are also enrolled in summer lessons at Flourish (or if you sign up for lessons after Jumpstart camp)
Location: Flourish Music Academy
|Session One: June 29 – July 2||12:30-2:30pm||Ages 10-14||Register by June 15|
|Session Two: August 3 – 6||10am – 12pm||Ages 6 – 9||Register by July 20|
|June 29 – July 2||12:30 – 2:30pm||Ages 8 – 14||Register by June 15|
|August 3 – 6||10am – 12pm||Ages 7 – 12||Register by July 20|
|June 29 – July 2||12:30 – 2:30 pm||Ages 7-12||Register by June 15|
|UPDATED: June 29 – July 2||3 – 5pm||Ages 7-12||Register by June 15|
|UPDATED: August 3 – 6||10am – 12pm||Ages 7 – 11||Register by July 20|
Registration ends two weeks before the start date of camp OR when the camp fills up (at only 5 participants!!)